- The following features were added to Replicated when running in Kubernetes:
- When an application update and an update to Replicated are both available at the same time, it no longer requires the user to click accept, then go back and accept the other. All pending updates will be applied at the same time.
- The install script will warn when Docker is installed with devicemapper in loopback mode. This is not a recommended configuration from Docker. When this warning is displayed, a link to the Docker recommendations is also provided. We also added an argument to skip this check by passing in
bypass-storagedriver-warnings to the install script.
- Preflight checks support parsing the new Docker versioning semantics (YY.MM instead of semver).
- Install scripts parsing the new Docker versioning semantics.
- Removed the requirement that LDAP users belong to at least one group to use in Replicated. This works with services such as Jumpcloud, using the default configuration now.
- Added a heartbeat on the Replicated and Replicated Operator communication channel. This will help reconnect when the network connection is broken and not detected as broken by either endpoint.
- Updated default preflight checks to allow for Docker up to version 1.13.1.
- Updated the base Replicated Docker images from Alpine 3.3 to Alpine 3.4.
- Changed the port-available custom preflight checks to run sequentially instead of in parallel when there are multiple checks.
- Fixed a bug that was causing Replicated to leak one file handle every time the Replicated UI page was loaded.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the cluster page in the Admin Console to show the wrong IP address after a snapshot restore process completed.
- Fixed a bug that caused config files not to be owned by the requested user when a custom owner was specified in the application yaml. This bug affects versions >= 2.5.0.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the incorrect DAEMON_ADDRESS to show up in the /cluster page after it changes.
- Fixed a bug that could cause a Replicated 2.5.0 or later installation running as the replicated user to not have the correct permissions to access a relocated statsd volume.
- Removed a warning from preflight checks when running Docker 1.13.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Replicated UI container to stop on the “Secure The Console” screen if a hostname is provided without a custom key and cert
- Fixed an issue in the install scripts that could cause the install script to render an init script using a non-root user with an older version of Replicated when using Replicated auto updates and custom app install scripts
- Custom Preflight Checks are available. Read more about the feature on our blog. Full documentation is available on our docs.
- The Replicated on-prem UI now has a logout item on the top menu.
- The Replicated CLI now supports restoring snapshots from the command line.
- All Replicated components can now run as a lower privileged user instead of root. This will be automatically enabled for any installs or updates that use the easy install script to install 2.5.0 or later.
- Added support for Docker 1.13.
- Added support for setting
ulimit parameters when starting containers. Documentation is available.
- Added new template functions:
- AppID: returns the current application appid.
- AppVersion: returns the current version (sequence) of the application.
- AppVersionFirst: Returns the version sequence of the first version installed.
- AppVersionCurrent: Returns the current app version sequence.
- RunOffline: Returns whether or not the application is running in airgap mode.
- NowFmt: Returns the current timestamp as a formatted string.
- TrimSpace: Returns a string with all leading and trailing spaces removed.
- Trim: Returns a string with all leading and trailing string contained in the optional args removed.
- HumanSize: Returns a human-readable approximation of a size in bytes.
- ParseBool: Converts a string to a boolean value.
- ParseFloat: Converts a string to a float value.
- ParseInt: Converts a string to an integer value.
- ParseUint: Converts a string to an unsigned integer value.
- Improved release notes.
- Replicated API version numbers are now always guaranteed to be equal to Replicated release version numbers. You can stop using
replicated_api_version and rely on automatic updates.
- In the support bundle, journalctl are now in reverse so that the newest log lines are never truncated.
- All Replicated on-prem endpoints now require a header of
Content-Type: application/json as an anti-CSRF measure.
- Filesystem permissions for /var/lib/replicated and /var/run/replicated files are changed to be owned by the replicated user, instead of root when running the easy install script.
- Statsd, graphite and premkit now inherit the user account from the Replicated container, instead of always running as root.
- Start mounting
/etc directory instead of several directories under
- Reduced filesystem permissions on
replicated.sock file to
- Added sysconfig logs to the support bundle.
- Support for custom installations where the images are already present, Replicated will not attempt to pull. This is useful for automated testing environments.
- When rendering the console settings page, fields of type
password are not included in the payload.
- Changed restart policy from
never is not supported in Docker 1.13.
- Allow Replicated to use locally tagged images when normally tagged images do not exist
- Improved error messages when the
replicated-operator container experiences an error.
- A release YAML that’s marked as required but has an invalid
cmd field can no longer be skipped.
- Fixed bug that could cause
replicated-operator to not restart when an update to Replicated is automatically applied.
- Fixed bug that made proxy settings in the console settings page not apply at runtime.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a snapshot restore process from automatically advance the UI to the preflight checks.
- Due to the listed change for anti-CSRF measures, after updating to 2.5.0, users will have to manually refresh the Replicated Admin Console browser tab.
- Broken image links fixed on “Bypass Browser TLS Warning” page
- Proxy settings updated via On-prem console are now correctly applied after restart
- Re-runs of failed preflight checks will now retry all preflight checks
- Airgapped installations no longer attempt to make any calls to replicated APIs
- Snapshot restore advances UI to preflight checks
- Automated installs now correctly identify license location (changed in 2.4.0)
- IPv6 support
- Metric graphs now show the container display name rather than container ID
- Application container logs now available in support bundle even after an application restart
- Passwords entered in the Replicated dashboard/settings page are encrypted locally
- Added out of disk space warning to Replicated UI and improved warning during airgapped installations
- Oracle Linux is now a supported OS in preflight checks
- Prevent update attempts while polling for ready state
- Replicated dashboard works on Internet Explorer 11
- License expiration policies are enforced without license syncs
- Replicated backwards-compatible with airgap packages made before July 2016
- Automated installs that use boolean settings flags now render correctly on the settings page
- Resolved possible i8n concurrency bug
- Fixed a bug that caused license screen to be inadvertently show
- Fix for support bundle “write too long” error on systems with Journald
- Added YAML timeout field for event orchestration (default timeout is 10 minutes). See the new fields
util in the metrics documentation
- Added support in YAML for customizable time periods in custom metric graphs
- TLS v1.2 is now the fixed protocol version across onprem components
- Docker version 1.12.3 is now the default installed version via the Replicated Easy Install Script
- Preflight checks accept up to Docker version 1.12.3
- Long running ephemeral containers no longer cause application to time out in conjunction with timeout feature
- Support bundles now generate under airgap install when the host OS uses Journald