- Fixed an issue that would cause the Replicated UI container to stop on the “Secure The Console” screen if a hostname is provided without a custom key and cert
- Fixed an issue in the install scripts that could cause the install script to render an init script using a non-root user with an older version of Replicated when using Replicated auto updates and custom app install scripts
- Custom Preflight Checks are available. Read more about the feature on our blog. Full documentation is available on our docs.
- The Replicated on-prem UI now has a logout item on the top menu.
- The Replicated CLI now supports restoring snapshots from the command line.
- All Replicated components can now run as a lower privileged user instead of root. This will be automatically enabled for any installs or updates that use the easy install script to install 2.5.0 or later.
- Added support for Docker 1.13.
- Added support for setting
ulimit parameters when starting containers. Documentation is available.
- Added new template functions:
- AppID: returns the current application appid.
- AppVersion: returns the current version (sequence) of the application.
- AppVersionFirst: Returns the version sequence of the first version installed.
- AppVersionCurrent: Returns the current app version sequence.
- RunOffline: Returns whether or not the application is running in airgap mode.
- NowFmt: Returns the current timestamp as a formatted string.
- TrimSpace: Returns a string with all leading and trailing spaces removed.
- Trim: Returns a string with all leading and trailing string contained in the optional args removed.
- HumanSize: Returns a human-readable approximation of a size in bytes.
- ParseBool: Converts a string to a boolean value.
- ParseFloat: Converts a string to a float value.
- ParseInt: Converts a string to an integer value.
- ParseUint: Converts a string to an unsigned integer value.
- Improved release notes.
- Replicated API version numbers are now always guaranteed to be equal to Replicated release version numbers. You can stop using
replicated_api_version and rely on automatic updates.
- In the support bundle, journalctl are now in reverse so that the newest log lines are never truncated.
- All Replicated on-prem endpoints now require a header of
Content-Type: application/json as an anti-CSRF measure.
- Filesystem permissions for /var/lib/replicated and /var/run/replicated files are changed to be owned by the replicated user, instead of root when running the easy install script.
- Statsd, graphite and premkit now inherit the user account from the Replicated container, instead of always running as root.
- Start mounting
/etc directory instead of several directories under
- Reduced filesystem permissions on
replicated.sock file to
- Added sysconfig logs to the support bundle.
- Support for custom installations where the images are already present, Replicated will not attempt to pull. This is useful for automated testing environments.
- When rendering the console settings page, fields of type
password are not included in the payload.
- Changed restart policy from
never is not supported in Docker 1.13.
- Allow Replicated to use locally tagged images when normally tagged images do not exist
- Improved error messages when the
replicated-operator container experiences an error.
- A release YAML that’s marked as required but has an invalid
cmd field can no longer be skipped.
- Fixed bug that could cause
replicated-operator to not restart when an update to Replicated is automatically applied.
- Fixed bug that made proxy settings in the console settings page not apply at runtime.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a snapshot restore process from automatically advance the UI to the preflight checks.
- Due to the listed change for anti-CSRF measures, after updating to 2.5.0, users will have to manually refresh the Replicated Admin Console browser tab.
- Broken image links fixed on “Bypass Browser TLS Warning” page
- Proxy settings updated via On-prem console are now correctly applied after restart
- Re-runs of failed preflight checks will now retry all preflight checks
- Airgapped installations no longer attempt to make any calls to replicated APIs
- Snapshot restore advances UI to preflight checks
- Automated installs now correctly identify license location (changed in 2.4.0)
- IPv6 support
- Metric graphs now show the container display name rather than container ID
- Application container logs now available in support bundle even after an application restart
- Passwords entered in the Replicated dashboard/settings page are encrypted locally
- Added out of disk space warning to Replicated UI and improved warning during airgapped installations
- Oracle Linux is now a supported OS in preflight checks
- Prevent update attempts while polling for ready state
- Replicated dashboard works on Internet Explorer 11
- License expiration policies are enforced without license syncs
- Replicated backwards-compatible with airgap packages made before July 2016
- Automated installs that use boolean settings flags now render correctly on the settings page
- Resolved possible i8n concurrency bug
- Fixed a bug that caused license screen to be inadvertently show
- Fix for support bundle “write too long” error on systems with Journald
- Added YAML timeout field for event orchestration (default timeout is 10 minutes). See the new fields
util in the metrics documentation
- Added support in YAML for customizable time periods in custom metric graphs
- TLS v1.2 is now the fixed protocol version across onprem components
- Docker version 1.12.3 is now the default installed version via the Replicated Easy Install Script
- Preflight checks accept up to Docker version 1.12.3
- Long running ephemeral containers no longer cause application to time out in conjunction with timeout feature
- Support bundles now generate under airgap install when the host OS uses Journald
- Added ability to alias admin commands using a custom name instead of “replicated admin”. Docs are at https://www.replicated.com/docs/…
- Added YAML feature to require a version of Replicated (semver range support) and have Replicated auto-update during application update installation.
- Docker content trust and signed images support.
- Dashboard I8N support.
- Changed default setting when promoting a release from “required” to “optional”.
- Preflight check support for RHEL 7.3.
- Shell authentication removed for all CLI calls. It’s assumed that root shell access will give you access to the Replicated CLI.
- Metrics dashboard can now include multiple charts per graph.
- Update check interval can now be set using cron syntax.
- License expiration date shown on license page.
- LDAP support for restricting users to 1 or more groups.
- Added “None” type for smpt_auth which only validates port accessibility
- Resolved potential shutdown race condition for containers with
--restart. Replicated will now remove the restart policy from containers before attempting to shut them down.
- Snapshot and restore option no longer visible on Console Settings page when snapshots are disabled in YML.
- Updating TLS console settings now automatically restarts web server and doesn’t require a Replicated restart.
- Switching to static statsd ports now correctly takes effect after an application upgrade.
- Snapshots of missing files now correctly cause snapshot to fail.
- Improved Airgap install user interface
- Clustering field can use template functions
- Dashboard better informs user during upgrade process
- HTTP landing page auto-redirects to HTTPS if certs are installed
- Amazon Linux AMI 2016.09 supported
- Installer now accepts “public-address”
- Applications using event sequencing on stop now shutdown containers in the reverse start order
- Template functions now include add, subtract, multiple and divide
- Re-running install script with new proxy setting updates Replicated
- Upgrade check on expired license now informs user “License Expired”
- Validation on required fields no longer prompts multiple times
- Tags are ignored when clustering is false
- The data attribute in
publish_events supports template functions. This allows for
port-listen events to be bound to a port that is dynamically exposed.
- LDAP credentials now support raw LDAP queries, allowing for more advanced configurations.
- If you aren’t using Snapshots, you can choose to hide this tile. However, nothing shows up in it’s place.
- During installation time, a custom port can be defined for
replicated-ui, overriding port 8800.
- Fixed problem that caused an error when operators were added and tagged while an application is starting