- The command
replicatedctl app apply-config has been added, which will apply config changes to the running application. When using the native scheduler this command will perform a restart. When using the Kubernetes and Swarm scheduler, it is equivalent to
kubectl apply and
stack deploy respectively.
- The AWS Auth Test Procedure will now use instance profiles when the first and second argument (AWS access key and secret) are left blank.
The AWS Auth Test Procedure now supports an AWS region as its 5th argument. This will default to us-east-1.
- The property
stop_timeout has been added to the Native scheduler container definition to specify the number of seconds to wait after stopping an application container before killing it.
- A link has been added on Console Settings page of the Admin Console to change admin password.
- Additional messaging is now present when running
replicatedctl console-auth command for follow up steps.
- The Debian image included in the Replicated airgap package is no longer used and has now been omitted from the package.
- Error messages from the
replicatedctl support-bundle command have been improved. Users will now be instructed on how to collect a CLI support bundle when
replicatedctl is unsupported.
- Install scripts now support the usage of
public-address flags during airgapped installations.
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Replicated Operator service to fail on a Replicated update when using the Swarm scheduler.
- Fixed an issue that caused the CLI to crash when using the
- Fixed an issue that prevented raw commands from running Pods for programmable preflight checks on Kubernetes.
- Fixed an issue that prevented V1 Support Bundles from including journald logs.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Kubernetes apps from being restored from a snapshot.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent snapshot list from being loaded during the restore process and when browsing snapshots.
- Fixed a race condition when waiting for Rook to start that occasionally required manually restarting kubelet when using the Kubernetes scheduler
- Reverted Kubernetes 1.9.3 installs to use iptables mode for kube-proxy to fix a networking issue.
- Fixed an issue that prevented pulling 3rd party private images when running Docker 1.7.1.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Replicated from appending the correct Docker bridge network gateway address to the list of NO_PROXY addresses when configured to be anything other than the default 172.17.0.1.
- The LDAP Provisioning API can now be configured with an optional
filter string as a parameter to filter entities that are synced back to your integration.
- Replicated services will now restart when Docker is restarted on distributions where Docker is installed as a SysVinit service including Amazon Linux.
- Fixed an issue where a running container could appear as “missing” on the Cluster page of the Admin Console.
- Fixed a deceptive error message “no docker compose yaml found” when an upgrade is attempted and the airgap bundle is not found.
- Added the ability to specify terms to display to the end-user in the Admin Console prior to installing a license.
- It is now possible to specify minimum space requirements for the Docker root directory (commonly
/var/lib/docker) using custom preflight checks. The minimum required space will default to 1GB when not specified.
- As an alternative to the Rook storage provisioner, Replicated now provides an optional host path provisioner ideal for single node Kubernetes installations.
- It is now possible to opt out of a Kubernetes storage provisioner provided by Replicated and bring your own.
- Added resources and logs to the Kubernetes support bundle from the kube-system, heptio-contour, rook-ceph and rook-ceph-system namespaces.
- Custom branding will now be applied prior to installation of the license when using the Kubernetes scheduler and installing via the release channel installation scripts.
- Added a
force-reset flag to the Kubernetes uninstaller that, when present, will suppress all prompts and warning messages before uninstalling Kubernetes and Replicated.
- The language on the Open Source License page of the Admin Console has been clarified to indicate that it is Replicated that uses or distributes software under licenses listed on that page and not the vendor application.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent the status tile on the Admin Console dashboard from updating in some scenarios.
- Fixed a race condition after a restore that would cause the certificate in the Docker store not to match the one used by the Replicated on-prem registry API, resulting in image pull errors when starting the application.
- Fixed an issue where in some cases the application would automatically update when when unpinning the application release sequence.
- Fixed an issue where Replicated Operator would produce excessive logs and files when using a logging driver that does not support
- Fixed an issue that would produce an error when running replicatedctl without any arguments.
- Fixed an issue that resulted in a crash in Replicated when generating a V1 Support Bundle using the Kubernetes scheduler.
- Fixed an issue where the local snapshot file destination would fail to render in the Admin Console when using the Multi-Strategy Backups feature.
- Kubernetes 1.11.1 is now the default version when installing Replicated with Kubernetes.
- The Kubernetes support bundle now includes the following additional resources: certificatesigningrequests, clusterrolebindings, clusterroles, controllerrevisions, cronjobs, mutatingwebhookconfigurations, poddisruptionbudgets, rolebindings, roles, validatingwebhookconfigurations, volumeattachments
- replicatedctl cluster node-join-script command has been added to retrieve a script to join a new node to the cluster.
- replicatedctl app status command has been added to retrieve detailed information on the application’s status.
- replicatedctl system status command has been added to retrieve the Replicated system status.
replicatedctl app status inspect has been deprecated in favor of the replicatedctl app status command.
- Kubernetes clusters are now created with Rook 0.8.1 and Weave 2.4.0.
- The Kubernetes installer is now compatible with RHEL 7.5 and CentOS 7.5.
- The Kubernetes installer configures a 100GB Persistent Volume Claim for new airgap installs.
- The Kubernetes installer will prompt the user to disable firewalld when enabled.
- The Kubernetes installer will run kube-proxy in ipvs mode.
- The order in which the custom_metrics YAML property elements are listed is now maintained when rendered to the
storage-aggregations.conf files in the replicated-statsd container.
- Airgapped installations will now respect license update policies set to “automatic”.
- Fixed an issue that could result in the V2 Support Bundle not honoring excluded environment variables when using the is_excluded_from_support parameter.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the replicated-operator global service from updating on remote worker nodes when upgrading an airgapped installation of Replicated.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent Swarm and Kubernetes from pulling images from the local Replicated registry due to a missing certificate in
- Fixed an issue that allowed LDAP anonymous binds when logging into the Admin Console or when performing an Identity API login operation.
- Improved error messaging for failures in replicatedctl script prior to running the specified sub-command.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally prevented the Replicated snapshot controller pod from starting on airgapped installations with Kubernetes.
- Replicated will now fetch the latest V2 Support Bundle specs rather than using the specs embedded in the license when the airgap flag is passed to the Replicated installation script and an online install is attempted.
- Online native installations that passed the airgap flag to the Replicated install script will not use the local registry unless a remote operator is detected.
- Fixed a crash due to an invalid LDAP query used in the Advanced Search user or group option.
- Fixed possible snapshot DB corruption and a crash caused by this corruption.
- Fixed an issue where stopped containers would not be included in the V2 Support Bundle.
- Fixed a bug that caused the custom cert to not be installed in Docker configuration during the initial setup.
- Fixed a bug that prevented docker from pulling images on additional nodes, preventing the application from starting, when custom certificates that did not contain IP SANS were uploaded on initial setup.
- A custom restore script can now be defined in the
backup section of the Replicated YAML to customize the restore process.
- The replicatedctl license-load CLI command is now supported in airgapped mode with the addition of the flag
- The Swarm easy install script will now accept the flag
tls-cert-path= with an absolute path to the trusted CA certificates file on the host.
- A custom certificate uploaded by the end-user will now be used on all ports exposed by Replicated on the host.
- File permissions have been hardened for all Replicated persistent data.
- Improvements have been made to error messaging in the UI when audit log components fail to initialize.
- Primary color buttons in the Replicated Admin Console have been darkened so as not to be mistaken for disabled.
--data flags to the replicatedctl app-config set CLI command will now accept values with commas.
- Test procedures with the
run_on_save property set to true will no longer be evaluated if the underlying config item’s
when condition evaluates to false.
- The replicatedctl support-bundle CLI command for Kubernetes and Swarm will now create a file on the host in the directory
/var/replicated/support-bundles/ as specified in the command output.
- Support has been added for custom AWS endpoints in aws_auth test procedures. This makes it possible to provide test procedures that can validate against internal services such as Minio.
- A support bundle task kubernetes.container-cp has been added that can copy files from containers within Kubernetes pods.
- Replicated on Kubernetes now supports the ability to disable the deployment of the Contour ingress controller. When disabled, additional steps may be required to provide an ingress controller to your application.
- Replicated installer now supports the ability to abort the installation when Device Mapper in loop-lvm mode is configured as Docker’s default storage driver.
- Replicated on Kubernetes now supports the ability to disable terminal clearing upon the completion of the installation.
- Hidden fields can now be exported as part of replicatedctl app-config export with the
- Replicated installer will now assemble a default list of
NO_PROXY hosts and add them to the environment of Docker, as well as the Replicated and Replicated Operator containers. Additional hosts can be added to the default
NO_PROXY list with the
additional-no-proxy flag for the Native, Swarm and Kubernetes schedulers.
- Additional IP addresses have been added to our list of current IP addresses. Although these are not yet active, any documentation that contains a list of our IP addresses should be updated to include these.
- Replicated installer now returns an error and a 404 status code when an invalid route is requested from get.replicated.com. Previously the Replicated 1.2 installation script was rendered.
- Replicated Native and Swarm applications using the V2 support bundle will now collect logs and status information for stopped or crashed containers.
- The size and number of the Audit Log containers that ship alongside Replicated has been reduced.
- The clarity of process names used in the on-prem audit log has been improved. For example, the process that previously appeared in
ps aux as
processor now uses an entrypoint
- The log level of the
replicated-auditlog-cron container has been changed from
- Fixed an issue where files added to a snapshot by a long running custom backup command could be truncated.
- Snapshot restores from the CLI would previously exit with a 404 not found error on the Swarm scheduler.
- All known CVEs with fixes have been patched in all images distributed by Replicated at the time of the release. For more information see this article.
- Replicated now supports Ubuntu Bionic LTS 18.04 on the Native and Swarm schedulers.
- Improvements have been made around surfacing license upload and sync error messages to the Browser UI and CLI.
- Application services with failing tasks will be force restarted when starting an app on the Swarm scheduler.
- Replicated will use the directory
/var/lib/replicated/tmp mounted from the host when extracting airgapped bundles rather than
/tmp inside the Replicated container.
- Replicated Cloud API will now return status code 404 when a license is not found rather than 500.
- Resolved a race condition that may cause the application state to get overwritten, resulting in Replicated starting and stopping the previous application version.
- Updated the container-selinux package from mirror.centos.org from 2.33 to 2.42.
- Suppressed a Docker warning when bypassing the on-prem registry indicating that the image cannot be accessed at the registry address.