- Remote node operators will no longer attempt to pull containers that are disabled by the ‘when’ condition.
- The Replicated snapshot feature has several highly-anticipated updates, including:
- Kubernetes Support
- Incremental Snapshots, with files being deduplicated across future snapshots.
- S3 and SFTP Configuration Options
- Note: Snapshots taken in 2.10.4 and earlier will not be compatible with this. We recommend a snapshot before and after upgrading to be safe.
- Default preflight checks will no longer include a check for linux distribution and version.
- Status messages sent to the Integration API while waiting for the ready-state command to complete will now be displayed on the admin console.
- Replaced the
replicatedctl -v and
replicatedctl --version flags with a
version subcommand that will print the Replicated client version.
replicatedd -v and
replicatedd --version flags to print the Replicated server version.
scheduler/container/<container> directory is no longer missing from the support bundle when
support_files are included in a container definition.
- Self-signed TLS certificate changes are now applied straight away.
- The migration script from 1.2 to 2.x no longer causes aborts when an http proxy is set via the user input prompt.
- The migration script from 1.2 to 2.x no longer causes the app name to be erased from the admin console.
- The admin console no longer references or uses unnecessary assets.
- Fixed an issue in the support bundle that was causing errors to be logged when support commands or support files are empty in the yaml.
- Cert/key generation after a restore is now generated against the correct CA.
- The Proxy settings save and apply functionality in the admin console has been fixed when running on a systemd server.
- Fixed an issue that prevents configuration settings from being saved when Replicated’s encryption cipher changes after a restore.
- Error statuses sent to the Integration API before polling for the ready state will now correctly stop the app startup sequence and show the error message.
- Missing Docker Upstart logs have been added to the support bundle.
- The messaging on the Settings screen save modal has been improved to indicate that an application restart will occur when clicking the confirm button for the Replicated native scheduler.
- Fixed an issue that prevented viewing preflight checks in the UI when
ShouldBypassPreflightChecks is enabled in the replicated.conf file.
- Fixed an issue that prevented old images from being removed with the Swarm scheduler.
- Fixed an issue where remote operators were not pulling images in parallel.
- Prevented a race condition that would occur on a high number of clustered nodes with parallel pulls enabled.
- Fixed an issue where IP addresses could not be set as hostnames for self-signed certificates.
- The number of images pulled in parallel is now determined by the number of CPUs. This will help remove contention when pulling several images on underpowered servers.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Replicated to start containers out of order when they are specified in the same component and at least one is optional.
- When using the Replicated scheduler, all Docker images will be pulled in parallel to speed up installations when running Docker version 1.10.0 or later.
- Replicated now fully supports Docker 17.06. New installations will start with 17.06 unless otherwise specified in preflight checks.
- The Admin Console will now use a single connection to Graphite when querying metric data.
- When automating an installation for testing, boolean values no longer require quotes.
- The Replicated data directory can be overridden using the
DefaultDataDir environment variable or a
- Added a top level YAML key named
support where all custom support files and commands can be declared.
- Replicated console settings changes are now included in the audit log.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the Replicated easy install script to exit with no output when updating Replicated on Debian based distributions.
- Password fields on the Admin Console settings page can now be erased.
- Replicated will now respect the removal of the http proxy in runtime configuration
- Disconnecting a node will no longer prevent app from starting when preflight checks fail.
- The hosted
docker-compose.yml for installing Replicated on Docker Swarm was updated to work correctly with Docker 17.03 and later.
- LDAP anonymous binds will no longer be supported and will now require a password.
- Fixes an issue where users were able to log into the admin console without a password when LDAP authentication was enabled using AD or when anonymous binds were enabled on the LDAP server.
- Fixes an issue where resource contention causes operators to disconnect.
- Fixed an issue where
ConfigOption templates will fail to evaluate when the target is a sub-item of an item with type
- Fixes an issue introduced in 2.9.0 where the
ConfigOption template was failing to get resolved in the case where the target item’s when clause evaluates to false.
- Fixes an issue introduced in 2.9.0 that causes the connection between the operator and the master to drop when in contention for CPU resources for an extended period of time.
- Fixes an issue on the preflight checks page where the continue button is not visible when an operator is disconnected.
- Fixes an issue in some cases where the application YAML sent from Replicated Studio will cause Replicated to crash.
- Removes a request from the UI prior to app installation causing an error log in replicated related to a missing app ID query param.
- Customer licenses can optionally be assigned to multiple channels, giving customers the ability to choose one of the selected release channels for each installation.
- A new Replicated CLI is installed that exposes the ability to manually perform most actions which would previously require the Admin Console. The original CLI is still available with no changes. To manually enable
replicatedctl on servers upgraded from previous versions, see the manual instructions
- Previous versions of an application can be installed using a parameter in the easy install script or by creating a Replicated configuration file.
- The Premkit and Statsd external networks are now automatically added as environment variables into application containers on the Swarm scheduler.
- Preflight checks are now enabled on the Kubernetes scheduler with several Kubernetes-specific items added.
- Added all detected parameters from a running Replicated server into the support bundle, regardless of where they were set.
- Admin Console Boolean configuration options are now allowable as values to templatable when properties in the application YAML. This eliminates the need to build off multiple hidden config options.
- The maximum clock skew between nodes in a Replicated cluster is configurable on the Console Settings page of the Admin Console.
- The Admin Console enforces CSRF tokens on browsers with low security settings.
- Automated installs will now work with airgap licenses.
- Kubernetes deployments with replica values that evaluate to 0 will no longer prevent the application from starting.
- Increased the reliability of application start/stop state in the Admin Console.
- Fixed an issue where updating a configuration option would not be automatically applied until the next application restart.
- Fixed an issue that would cause invalid YAML to prevent an update from being applied or skipped.
- Fixed a bug that would cause an application update to fail to apply after Replicated was automatically updated.
- Fixed a bug that would cause the proxy server settings to be written incorrectly on systemd systems.